Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dollhouse Miniatures by Felma Coming Out Of the Closet President Obama Delivering "State Of The Union" address Got In My Way!

I am still doing miniatures, still coming out of the closet to celebrate life.  As a matter of fact, a lady commissioned me last week to make her a Good Witch dress on a mannequin by Sandy Calderon and one on a hanger.  These miniature dresses in the picture to the right are the results.  For those of you who are Barbie collectors, yes, I used a reclycled Barbie Doll Witch clothes to make dress on mannequin. 
  But, talking to my Grandson about the State Of The Union address and his reaction to the name of President Obama surprised me to the state of what, where, who, when and then some more.  At two years old, well, 27 months old to be exact.  What triggered his reaction as shown in the first and second pictures above?  Where did he hear about our President?  Who is in that head of his?  When did he learn this stuff?  And then, we had more conversations about our Country, Congress our Nation and of course, College.  
He patiently waited until I finished telling him a bit of history. Then I asked him if he liked President Obama and living in America. I had my camera ready and the second picture is his reaction to my questions.
 His mother (my favorite daughter) has a degree in Civil Engineering with a Master's in Business Administration.  His dad (my favorite son) has a BA degree in Human Services, quote "I service humans."  But, (yes I know I use a trillion commas) does that make the little fellow know things?  He is not even potty trained yet!!!  He has been going to a great school since he was three months old and he does spend every Tuesday and Thursday with grandparents. 

  Being the Christian that I am, I have never really considered reincarnation, but sometimes I think I see another person in this little cutie pie's spirit.  My friend Yolanda, Walking Diva, who broke the Guinness World Record in 2010 for most marathons by a woman in a year wants to meet this little fellow.  I told her that when she meets him, he is going to do a dance going around in circles or look at her as if he already knows her and ponders why he must meet her again. 


Yolanda has an interesting blog about her Journey to Guinness.  She trained me for my first marathon which was the Disney Half Marathon last year which sold out before I sent my registration.  No problem, I have daily walks with my husband when I agree with the weather.  Yolanda's  blog is very encouraging to those of us who need a little nudge or a lot of nudge to start moving and keep moving.  Actually, I've lost 20 pounds in the last six months just walking a little each day and eating slower and eating less.  Please click on the link to check out Yolanda's blog for a ton of inspiration:  http://www.myjourneytoguinness.blogspot.com/
That was a great 2012 State of the Union address.  President Barack Obama even got a spark out of me as he talked about coming together as one America.  Not Democrat or Republican, but as one Nation, although he didn't finish with "One Nation Under God with Liberty and Justice For All", it kept me on the edge of my chair looking back and forth at my grandson wondering what he was pondering.
Yes, I did consider maybe the reaction in the second picture was because we were on our way to Grandma's House.  Then I also remembered that my little fellow knows one of grandma's favorite singers would be Al Green and he has probably heard grandma playing this video of President Obama singing this song a zillion times! Please click on the link below if you haven't heard it.  Ignore the comments if you can, but if you can't just listen to the entire song by Al Green on Youtube and you will understand that our President is saying:  No matter what, "I'm still in love with you" America.
Listen to Elvis Presley sing America the Beautiful
http://youtu.be/fG69wPAJKsk

State of the Union address:  FYI - Before you click on link below
this video is about one hour eleven minutes:
http://youtu.be/LD_wUNb0cw8
Thanks to those of you who signed up to follow my blog and I pray that you continue to do so.  Have any questions about the future of our great Country?  Please don't bash our Presidents, past, current and future or our Government.  Just do the right thing and read the following Scripture: 
James 1:5
  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.  (KIV)
May God continue to Bless our World!

Don't know who God is?  Ask me.

No comments: