Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Week 18! Weather Is Not Cooperative! Shut In! Time To Reflect: Willie Wiswell!

If I had control over the weather, week 18 would've started differently.  My two grandsons are visiting for a few days and it is cold, windy and raining and they want to go hiking in the mountains. I'm not ready for that yet.  We managed a short walk yesterday.  Had to turn back when my four year old was hit by a gust of wind and loudly announced, "I'm having a bad day!" We have played games, trains, cars and karoke to our heart's content. 

I've taken advantage of my shut-in as a time to reflect.  The picture above is my miniature friend Willodean (Willie) Wiswell and me.  The first time I attended a miniature club meeting, Willie invited me to dinner along with some friends.  We had a great time!  On another occasion Willie invited me to her home for lunch and a tour of her miniature collection.  A Huge Collection of fine miniatures!  During lunch she informed me that she needed a liver transplant and without it her doctor "predicted" about 18 months of survival.  We were having lunch at month 19 and she looked great and said she felt great. Due to her age, Willie said she was way down on the transplant list, but stated that it was not going to stop her from enjoying the rest of her life to the fullest, and she did.  She lived a few more years.   Willie found goodness in everything.  I miss her.  Read her obituary by clicking on the link below or google her name to learn more about this great a lady.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lbpresstelegram/obituary.aspx?n=willodean-wiswell&pid=145071811

"Where do you find goodness when recession hits, when you lose your job, your home, when things seem to fall apart around you?  In all the things we tend to overlook:  feeling the gentle breeze on your skin, the sunlight filtering through the clouds, the sound of the rain, the wagging tail of a dog, the shiny apple you are about to bite into.  You notice the in-and-out flow of your breath, the feeling of aliveness inside your body.  And then there is the beautiful stillness behind it all, which is deep within you.  It is through gratitude for the present moment that the spiritual dimension of life opens up."  Eckhart Tolle

My husband lost his job a year and a half ago when the recession hit.  Complications dealing with the long term side effects of breast cancer surgery has not been easy, but, as Willie, I find goodness in my miniature hobby along with hugs and kisses from my grandsons, just to name a few.  I am grateful.  Thank you God.

Thanks to all of you for reading my blog and Love To All.

No comments: